Monday, April 26, 2010

The Gravity Vault - Upper Saddle River, NJ


I wandered into New Jersey to meet a friend for  Lunch and decided to get some climbing afterward.

I visited during the day and the place was pretty empty. The staff told me it can get pretty busy during the after work hours. There is ample floor space in the gym so I doubt you'll feel too crowded.

The bouldering wall is split in to two areas. One of the walls can be topped out although many routes don'r seem to be set up with a top out in mind. The gym has a decent bouldering area but the real fun seems to be on the ropes. The roped wall seemed to have a good variety of climbable surface.
There are also few exercise machines and a lounge area.
Over all the gym was well maintained and the climbs were o.k. I wouldn't go out of my way for the gym but if you are in the area it's not a bad gym.

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment