Monday, April 5, 2010

Henry's Memphis BBQ - Salem VA

After the puppies and a decent amount of driving we were getting mighty hungry. Luckily for us there was a BBQ joint right off the road!
 Henry's Memphis BBQ!
On this trip I have been eating a lot of BBQ and I was unsure how well a small bbq place in Salem VA would hold up to the other big hitters. I must say it wasn't the tastiest BBQ by any means but it grew on me very quickly.
  Mmmm~ Meat~~
I ordered the memphis dry rub with brunswick stew and fried okra. The meat could be a bit more tender and the dry rub seems to have been rubbed on after the rib was cooked and not before. I usually like my memphis dry rub without any additional sauces but this time around the ribs were tastier with sauces. They have 4 different sauces available and all of them tasty pretty good but I think the ribs goes best with the south carolina sauce.
 I would not recommend you go out of your way for the ribs but if you are near Salem, VA this might be a good place to stock up on your meat quota.

1 comment: