Thursday, February 18, 2010

Austin - Kerbey Lane Cafe South

After a long day of driving to get to Austin I finally had a chance to get dinner! My couch surfing host Brina told me to go check out a local favorite called Kerbey Lane Cafe.
When I walked in it didn't seem that different than other cafes. The menu was a mix of Tex Mex and standard Diner food. As I often do when I get to a new restaurant, especially one where I have no previous knowledge of. The waiter was very friendly and recommended the Pear and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich. The description goes,
It sounded awesome and it tasted even better! This is usually where I would insert the picture of the food but in my hunger delirium I ate it before I could get a photo! But let me tell you it was one of the best grilled cheese I ever had! The best one I ever had was definitely the one that Hot Knives served at the Grilled Cheese Invitationals. But that was a ridiculous grilled cheese with cave aged cheese grilled by the Grilled Cheese Masters. But besides that I think this was the best I ever had. The sweetness of the pear went very well with the saltiness of the cheese and the bacon. The kicker was the garlic basil aioli that added the garlicy flavor without being too over powering. Delicious! The home fries that came on the side was not bad but was nothing too special. The sad thing is this grilled cheese was listed on the menu as a seasonal menu! If you are in the area go eat one now! You won't regret it. Two thumbs way up for Kerbey Lane Cafe! 
View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment