Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Joshua Tree Bouldering!

Unless you are a slab climber friction extraordinaire bouldering in Joshua Tree can be very tough. I personally am not a very good slab climber and had a hard time even on some V0s. I think some of the crystals must have flaked off making the climb harder but it is all speculations. I did find some fun climbs though. My favorite was Block Party(V3) at Turtle Rock Circuit near Hidden Valley picnic area.
The problem was a nice break from trying to climb slabs. My beta for this climb is jump up high keeping the right hand on the right side of the flake, pinch hard and then use the left hand as an undercling. Once you get past the start climb up the crack. The crux is definitely the start move.

2 comments:

  1. I've done a blog before and know its hard to tell if people are actually reading unless they post comments! Well I'm here to say I'm loving it! And I want to know if you are taking all your own photos on a tripod? Fantastic work post more pic's! Climb more rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Josh. If I'm climbing solo I tripod it and what ever gets captured at 10 sec is what you see. I usually climb first and if I finish the climb successfully I come down and just climb the beginning portion for the camera. If I am climbing with people I ask somebody to take a shot for me.

    ReplyDelete