Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tucson Bouldering! - Gates Pass

My 2nd day of climbing was at Gates Pass. Gates pass is a short drive east from downtown Tucson. Even if there aren't too many climbs at Gates Pass I recommend you drive through Gates Pass Park just to take in the amazing scenery.

While going west on Gates Pass park at parking marker G6, which will be on your left. There is a very short hike to the Lower Boulders. I climbed at Lower and Upper boulders. There is a mix of climbs ranging from VB to V6s. The unnamed V2 on the lower boulder was my favorite climb. It was great to get some climbs in and just sit back and enjoy the amazing scenery. I would not recommend Gates Pass if you looking for a full day of climbing but as a short break Gates Pass is a great place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment