Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lucy's Cafe - Birmingham Alabama


Since I had to take a rest day I decided to go out back to Birmingham to hangout at a cafe. This is when I found my favorite cafe in Birmingham, Lucy's Cafe.
One thing you first notice when you go in is a big chalkboard with many names and numbers next to them. My first thought was that it was a wall of I.O.U.s. When I asked the guy at the counter he told me it was a list of people that have actually paid in advance!
Chalkboard is on the right, above the counter.
I was planning to be at the cafe for a while so I got cozy, settled in and ordered a Tuna Melt. The Tuna Melt was mighty tasty! I think the bread is the key. Lucy's Cafe can get pretty busy during lunch time so just be prepared to either get your food to go or sit at a table with some strangers.
Mmmm.... Tuna Melt!
To access the wi-fi you need a code. Each code lasts only 2 hrs but you can pick up as many as you need from the side table next to the counter. This is my favorite cafe in Birmingham but they close pretty early so you will need to find another joint for some evening coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment